Just a short drive outside Kamloops city limits, off Highway 1, the winery and vineyards, straddle the Thompson River making for a breathtaking view. Monte Creek Winery is producing world-class wines in the Thompson Valley and is a must-see tourist attraction. At Monte Creek Winery we are very passionate about our international award-winning wine and our extraordinary estate. We are also passionate about sustainability and innovation, this is a great opportunity to work alongside other likeminded professionals who share these values and a more purposeful work experience.
- Assist the Tasting Room Manager in continuous training and development of new and existing staff to ensure best in class customer service and excellent employee satisfaction
- Open the tasting room and set it up for the day by doing the leader opening duties
- Provide assistance on the floor to the staff throughout the shift as a go to person for troubleshooting issues that may arise
- Keep set standards for the merchandise and tasting room
- Assist with set up and take down of displays
- Ensure that staff are kept busy and working at all times
- When overseeing the tasting room, you will work on the floor with the staff doing tastings or working the till while providing leadership and overseeing staff
- Maintain excellent relationships with existing tour companies and operators
- Record all wine samples used on a daily basis
- Closing the Tasting room by doing daily close on POS system and ensuring all closing duties are completed before leaving
- Ensure food service operations on the Terrace are seamless
- Manage the reservations and seating plan using Tock Software
- Work closely with the Culinary team to ensure that food and dishes are being completed in a timely manner
- Work with serving staff on Terrace to seat people and clear tables, offering assistance with trouble shooting issues that may arise.
- Oversee cash outs with staff to ensure total accuracy
- While overseeing the Terrace, you will be working on the floor with the staff either bartending or hosting, while still leading and supporting staff.
- Closing the Terrace by doing the daily close on the POS system and ensuring all closing duties are completed before leaving.
- Ensure all guests and team members know about our Wine Club and what it entails
- Assist with sales initiatives through employee training and consumer engagement
- Wine Sales and general retail duties
- General cleaning duties
- Support with events & weddings as needed
- Help plan and execute team building events, contests and more
Skills and Requirements:
- Willingness to work frequent evening and weekend shifts
- Ability to manage multiple people in a busy environment
- Help with training and development of staff
- Help with setting exceptional customer service standards
- Experience working in food and beverage
- Demonstrate a positive upbeat attitude on a daily basis
- Believe strongly in continual improvement
- Be able to work well with other leaders to build a winning culture
- Every day you look out at one of the most beautiful views in the Thompson Okanagan.
- Employee Tasting Room discount
- The opportunity to make extra in tips
- Flexible schedule because we are all for work/life balance.
- Our restaurant offers discounted staff meals on or off your shift, this includes your friends or family if you are with them
- In-depth wine training and wine tastings. You will walk away with a wine education and be super knowledgeable at your next dinner party!
This is a key role. However, you will be surrounded by other like-minded professionals that will support you in your quest to succeed. Teamwork and building a winning culture are at the top of our organization’s focus.
Ideally, this position will start in April and conclude in the middle of October, with an option to stay on call throughout the winter. This role is 4-5 shifts per week and includes evening and weekend work.
Please apply with a PDF copy of your resume and cover letter to [email protected]