Just a short drive outside Kamloops city limits, off Highway 1, the winery and vineyards, straddle the Thompson River making for a breathtaking view. Monte Creek Winery is producing world-class wines in the Thompson Valley and is a must-see tourist attraction.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparing, producing & presenting food items and ensuring the highest quality
- Maintaining a clean, sanitary and safe workspace at all times to avoid contamination
- Ensuring proper equipment operation and maintenance procedures are observed
- Ensuring work assignments and daily tasks are completed
- Managing daily kitchen set up and closing as required
- Being aware of and following all kitchen health and safety regulations and guidelines
- Ensuring proper recycling procedures are adhered to
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Knowledge
- Good physical (standing, walking bending, kneeling for extended periods of time is sometimes required).
- Basic computer skills, ability to learn new programs.
- Able to communicate in English both verbally and written.
Education & Experience
- BC Food Safe Level 1
- Previous Kitchen Experience
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment while being detail & task orientated
- You don’t need to be a body builder, but you will need to be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Positive attitude. Because life is so much better with one.
- Team player. Because work is so much easier if you are one.
- Hard worker. Because the everyday is so much more meaningful when we do
Working Conditions & Physical Environment
- The view, every day you get to look out at one of the most beautiful views in the Thompson Okanagan.
- Employee tasting room discount. Say yes to discounted wine and merchandise!
- Flexible schedule, we are all for work – life balance.
- Our restaurant offers discounted staff meals on or off your shift, this includes your friends or family if you are with them.
Please send Resume to [email protected]