Just a short drive outside Kamloops city limits, off Highway 1, the winery and vineyards, straddle the Thompson River making for a breathtaking view. Monte Creek Winery is producing world-class wines in the Thompson Valley and is a must-see tourist attraction.
Romance and wine go hand in hand and Monte Creek Winery was voted Best Wedding Venue in Kamloops for 2022. We have a very busy upcoming 2023 Wedding & Event Season and we are looking to add a Team Leader to our team of Event Superstars. This position will run from April until the end of October and requires you to be able to work weekends and evenings.
- Work closely with the Event Manager to ensure all details of events are executed seamlessly
- Work closely with the Culinary team to ensure food service goes smoothly
- Work closely with event and wedding planners to make sure MCW standards are met
- Supervise staff and ensure that MCW standards are met and the guest expectations are exceeded
- Managing inventory of wine and bar needs for events
- Ensure event closing duties are completed as required
- Set up and tear down of event tables and chairs
- General cleaning duties as required
- Assist with sales initiatives through employee training and consumer engagement
- Wine Sales and general retail duties
- Assist staff with general cleaning duties
- Help plan and execute team building events, contests and more
Skills and Requirements:
- Willingness to work frequent evening and weekend shifts
- Ability to manage multiple people in a busy environment
- Previous Supervisory experience is an asset
- Previous experience bartending in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrate a positive upbeat attitude on a daily basis
- Believe strongly in continual improvement
- Be able to work well with other leaders to build a winning culture
- Every day you look out at one of the most beautiful views in the Thompson Okanagan.
- Employee Tasting Room discount
- The opportunity to make extra in tips
- Flexible schedule because we are all for work/life balance.
- Our restaurant offers discounted staff meals on or off your shift, this includes your friends or family if you are with them
- In-depth wine training and wine tastings. You will walk away with a wine education and be super knowledgeable at your next dinner party!
Ideally, this position will start in April and conclude in the middle of October, with an option to stay on call throughout the winter. This role is 4-5 shifts per week and includes evening and weekend work.
Please apply with a PDF copy of your resume and cover letter to [email protected]